Monday, September 14, 2009

Teacher!!!!!!!!!

Every Monday morning twelve noodles are always bouncing and bubbling over with excitement to tell me what they did this weekend. Playing Nintendo. Eating BBQ. Going to grandma's house. Rollerblading at Olympic Park. After six months my kids are pretty predictable. Except this morning I was thrown for a loop when my twins Eric and Brian told me they bought pets this weekend. Ok, that's cool. Brian tells me he got a hamster. And Eric tells me he got a squirrel. A squirrel? I turn to Brian-who speaks English exponentially better than his brother- and double check. A squirrel?! Brian nods matter of factly. I show the kids a picture of a squirrel from a children's dictionary and Eric nods eagerly. It was the same picture of his new pet at home. Except his is in a cage.
I suppose a rodent is a rodent is a rodent. But... IT'S A SQUIRREL!!!

I just didn't think Korea still had the capacity to surprise me.

No comments: